Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ron Paul is a Top Tier Candidate!

So I normally laugh at Jon Stewart because he's funny but rarely ever correct. This time I wasn't laughing. It was the first time that Jon Stewart made me think rather than laugh. Is Ron Paul a top tier candidate? If not, why not? If so, can he win?

My opinion

I think Ron Paul should be taken far more seriously. The guy is smart, consistent, conservative, and right on almost everything (I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt (now) on the wars). I really think that I'd have a hard time deciding between him and some of the others in the race. He is the only one who can point to genuine/unique policy positions and he has NEVER flip-flopped. I wouldn't hold my nose to vote for him. I don't find him politically strong and I'm not certain he could win against Obama (which is the only reason I'd vote for anyone at this point). He would likely be laughed off is he did win the nomination and the media would ignore him out of the race (case in point). But if we had someone with his character and ideas in office he would probably make changes in this country that would be lasting and positive.

What do you think?

EDIT:
I like this video he's going to run. Ron Paul Ad - "The one who can beat Obama"



Join the conversation already in action at Google+

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment because it's the only way things get better.